Eight Metre Virginie Heriot Cup
Deed of gift –>>
Amsterdam 1928 – Yacht Club de France Trophy
Virginie Hériot (1890 – 1932), member of the Yacht Club de France, honorary quartermaster of the French Navy, emeritus navigator, was famous throughout the world for her elegance, her love of the sea and yachting, her numerous victories in regattas and the gold medal she won at the at the Olympic Games in Amsterdam 1928, onboard her Aile VI, in the Eight Metre Class.
In 2014, the Yacht Club de France created this annual trophy in her memory, to encourage women amateurs who are members of the international 8-meter association – IEMA – who, through their excellence on the water, contribute to the reputation of the class.
- 2014 – Régina Meyer (Switzerland) – World Championship at La Trinité sur mer, France.
- 2015 – Mrs. Tokiko Kobayashi (Japan) – World Championship at Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2016 – Mrs. Diane Palm – World Championship at Toronto, Canada.
- 2017 – Régina Meyer (Switzerland) – World Championship at Hanko, Norway.
- 2022 – Vera Mogna (Italy) – World Championship at Geneva, Switzerland.